Saunf or Variyali Sharbat – Fennel Water
Saunf or Variyali (Fennel seeds) is known for their pain relieving, digestion and cooling benefits for your body.
- 100 grams variyali - fennel seeds
- 100 grams Black Raisins - optional (Only saunf water can be prepared as well)
- 100 grams Misri or sugar (Known as sakkar dana) or as per your taste(Sweetness)
- Salt to taste
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 3 tea spoon jal jira powder if available
- Soak variyali and raisins in water for 6 to 7 hours or over night.
- After that let it boil for 2-3 minutes. Cool at room temperature.
- When cool churn to smooth paste with sugar. Strain it.
- At the time of serving add some variyali sharbat in a glass and then fill with crushed ice or chilled water.
- Add salt to taste and lemon juice. At last add jal jira power and mix well.
- Serve Variyali Sharbat chilled.