Chick Pea Salad
- Boiled chickpeas 1 1?2 Cup (24 tbs) (garbanzo beans)
- Romane lettuce 1/2 , roughly chopped
- Cherry tomato 1 Cup (16 tbs) (any variety)
- Carrot 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), julienned
- Red onion 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), cut lengthwise
- Baby cucumber 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), diced
- Black olives slices 2 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Sliced pickled jalapeno pepper To Taste
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped parsley 2 Tablespoon (or your favorite herb)
- Lemon zest 1/4 Teaspoon
- Lemon juice 2 Tablespoon
- Salt and pepper To Taste
- Olive oil 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Honey or other sweetness can be added to balance flavor
- Roasted pine nuts 1 Tablespoon (or any nuts of your choice)
- Croutons 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, carrot, onion, cucumber, olives, jalapeno, and chickpeas.
2. In a measuring cup, combine garlic, parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. Whisk well.
3. Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well.
4. Garnish with pine nuts, croutons and serve immediately.
Recipe NotesI use pressure cooker to boil Chick peas so it takes very short time to cook.