This soup is perfect on very cold, rainy or snowy day. I have posted video for quick recipe and for authentic recipe, follow written instruction.
Hot and sour soup is quick, easy and friendly. You can add as much vegetables as you want. During winter, this is one of my favorite soup.
- 1 tbsp Chili Sauce or adjust to your taste
- 2-3 tbsp plum Sauce or sweet sour sauce(you can add as much or little as you want)
- 1 tbsp peanut butter(optional)
- 11/2 tbsp Corn Flour / Corn Starch
- 2 tbsp Soya Sauce
- 2 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Capsicum(Green Bell Pepper) Chopped
- 2 tbsp Spring Onions Chopped
- 2 tbsp Carrots Chopped
- 1/4 cup Chopped Cabbage
- ¼ cup cubed cut mushrooms
- ¼ cup cubed cut soft tofu
- 2 tbsp Tomato Sauce
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- A pinch ajinomoto
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups Water or vegetable stock
- For garnishing:
- Spring onion or chives or cilantro or chopped green chili.
Mix 4 cups of water/vegetable stock/broath, chili sauce, plum sauce, peanut butter, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper powder and ajinomoto and bring to boil.
Now add all the chopped vegetables except soft tofu .
Cook for a minute on a medium heat. Dissolve corn starch in 1/2 cup water and add to the soup stirring constantly till it becomes thick.
Cook for a minute, add tofu. Garnish with Spring onion or chives or cilantro or chopped green chili. Serve hot .
Note: Crushed garlic, ginger can be added according to your taste. Soup should be prepared just before consuming and should be served fresh; else it will lose the taste.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012