Mutter Paneer is a delicious north indian( from punjab)curry dish of peas and home-made cheese cubes (paneer) cooked in delicious gravy. Enjoy with Roti or Naan or Paratha.
- Oil/Butter 3 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Garam masala 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Green peas 275 Gram
- Paneer cubes 300 Gram
- Cream 2 Tablespoon (Low fat cream used)
- Fresh coriander leaves 1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (To garnish)
- FOR THE GRAVY
- Ginger 1/2 Small, cut into 2-inch pieces
- Garlic 2 Clove (10 gm)
- Dry whole red chilies 2 Medium
- Onions 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped
- Red bell pepper 1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped
- Tomatoes 100 Gram, chopped
- Water 2 Tablespoon (Add water as needed to blend)
1. Take a mini blender, add ginger, garlic cloves, dry whole red chilies, chopped onions, red bell pepper. Blend once for a few seconds.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and blend for about 10 seconds. Set aside the prepared gravy/puree.
3. Heat a pan with about 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil. Add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala and the prepared puree. Simmer it for a few minutes.
4. Add a pinch of salt, stir well, cover the pan and simmer it for about 2 minutes.
5. Add the green peas and paneer cubes. Stir gently.
6. Add low fat cream, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves before serving.
7. Serve warm with rice, roti, naan or paratha.
http://www.bhavnaskitchen.com copyright 2012