Rainbow Beans Salad. Tired of making old same style 3-bean Salad? Try this colorful, flavorful and healthy Rainbow Beans Salad. Bean salad is a common cold salad composed of various cooked beans – green beans, yellow wax beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans – and typically fresh raw onions, peppers, and/or other vegetables, tossed in a vinaigrette or vinegar and characteristically sweetened with sugar. It can also be prepared as a pickled dish.
Not only this salad will please your crowd but also can be packed for lunchbox for office or school. Make a big batch of this salad, refrigerate up to 5 days and serve as needed. I would keep dressing separate though to add before serving.
Canned beans can be used to save time in the kitchen but if you have a instant pot, make use of it to boil multiple beans at once using stackable pot-in-pot cooking.
Below is the video instruction for making crowd pleasing Rainbow Beans Salad.
1 cup red kidney beans, boiled, drained
1 cup cannellini beans, boiled, drained
1 cup garbanzo beans, boiled, drained 1 cup black beans, boiled, drained
1 cup frozen corn, thawed
1 cup green beans, blanched
2 cups sliced sweet peppers (red, green & orange/yellow) or color bell peppers can be used
2 jalapeños, sliced
½ cup red onion, chopped
2 cups lettuce (iceberg or romaine), roughly chopped
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
½ teaspoon Dijon mustard 3 garlic cloves, minced
½ cup fresh herbs (basil or cilantro recommended), finely chopped
⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper, or to taste
How to blanch green beans?
1. Bring a large pot of water to boiling. Add 1 gallon of water per pound of green beans.
2. Fill a large bowl with ice water.
3. Carefully lower the green beans in batches into the boiling water.
4. Boil the small beans for 2 minutes, medium beans for 3 minutes, and large beans for 4 minutes.
5. Cool the beans quickly by plunging them into ice water.
6. After the beans have cooled, drain the ice water.
HOW TO STEAM GREEN BEANS IN THE COSORI PRESSURE COOKER:
1. Place the trivet in the Cosori Pressure Cooker inner pot.
2. Pour 1 cup of water in the pot.
3. Place your steamer basket inside. Fill the steamer basket with your green beans.
4. Lock the lid and push Manual at level 6 for 1 minute.
5. When it beeps, release the pressure.
6. You’re ready to use the green beans in recipes. Season as needed.
MIXING THE SALAD:
1. Place beans, corn, peppers, onions, and all other salad ingredients into a large glass bowl. I usually make this salad for a crowd, so I use aluminum foil trays.
2. Mix the dressing ingredients and add the beans. Serve with a slotted spoon.