Corn & Spinach Soup
- Corn kernel 2 Cup (32 tbs) (Frozen or fresh)
- Salt To Taste
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon (Minced ginger may be used)
- Black pepper 1 Teaspoon , ground
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch (Optional)
- Spinach 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Frozen or fresh)
- Whipping cream/Almond milk 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Coconut cream may also be used)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Round loaf 4 Small (One per serving) (Optional)
- Red bell pepper 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely (To garnish) (Optional)
- 1. Run all the corn kernels in the food processor to prepare a coarse mixture of corn and set aside.
- To prepare the soup:
- 2. Heat up a pot on medium heat with some oil.
- 3. When the oil is warm enough add the processed corn, stir and cook it a little bit. Make sure that it does not stick to the bottom of the pot. Cover and let it cook.
- 4. After cooking for about 5 minutes, uncover and add salt to taste.
- 5. Add ginger paste, freshly grund black pepper, turmeric powder and the spinach. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- 6. Add the whipping cream and mix well. Cover and let it boil. Once it starts boiling, simmer it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7. After about 3 minutes, turn off the heat.
- To prepare the bread bowl:
- 8. Take a round loaf, cut off a quarter of the top and scoop out the insides. Leave about 3/4-inch thickness inside.
- 9. Place the prepared round loaf on the serving plate, pour into it the prepared corn soup.
- 10. Serve the creamy soup warm, garnished with some finely chopped red bell pepper on top.