February 3rd is the “National Carrot Cake Day”. And for me it is a great day to give special treat to my younger son…Easy, light and incredibly moist carrot cake recipe with an ultra-creamy Mascarpone cheese (or just use cream cheese) frosting. A must make and you’ll make it a permanent addition to your collection!! My younger son loves carrot cake and so I sometimes prepare in microwave as well(No condensed milk required) but I have very quick and easy eggless basic cake batter recipe to follow in which I use condensed milk as usual but see the recipe below if you prefer without condensed milk.
Any cake is incomplete without frosting and specially for carrot cake cream cheese based frosting is popular but I personally love to prepare with mascarpone cheese, so much better tasting than cream cheese! Try it out and you will love it for sure as well.
Can’t find Mascarpone cheese, well I have solution for that, too! Just make at home…
- 2 cups All purpose flour - 480ml
- 1 tspBaking powder
- 1/2 tspBaking soda
- 1 tspPowdered cinnamon
- Salt- a pinch
- 6 tbsp Butter , melted
- 1 tinSweetened condensed milk- or 14 Oz
- 1 cup Finely grated carrot
- 1/2 cup Ground almonds
- 1/2 cup Thick butter milk or just use beaten yogurt
- 1 tsp vinegar
- Toasted and slivered almonds to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F(180 C). Grease an 8"cake pan with butter and line with baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Toss the grated carrot and ground almonds and keep aside.
- In another bowl, combine the melted butter, condensed milk, butter milk and vinegar and mix till the mixture is light
- Fold in the flour mixture into the butter milk mixture and mix till well combined.
- Add two tbsp of water if you feel the mixture is dry.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35min or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for five min before transferring the cake to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the whipped cream frosting:
- Combine the whipping cream, sugar and vanilla in a chilled bowl and beat till soft peaks form.
- Spread the frosting over the cake and serve immediately.
If you wish to make this same recipe without condensed milk, add 3/4-1 cup Mix of Brown and white sugar and slightly increase any of the liquid used in the recipe. Or else just use the recipe of my mug carrot cake and increase the quantity of ingredients.