Rajgira Puri & Bhakri
- Rajgira atta 1 Cup (16 tbs) (amaranth flour)
- Ghee 2 Tablespoon (+ 1 tsp for smearing the bhakri)
- Milk 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Cooking oil 1/2 Teaspoon
- FOR DEEP FRYING THE PURI
- Ghee 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Cooking oil 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
1. In a bowl, add and combine the rajgira atta with ghee and milk. Knead it into dough. Apply some oil and make it into a smooth dough.
2. Take olive size balls of the dough and roll it out into into 1/4 inch thickness.
3. For the bhakri: In a pan on low heat, place the rolled out bhakris and cook them for 8 -10 minutes. Smear ghee on both sides of the bhakri and continue cooking until light golden brown. Once done, transfer onto a serving plate.
4. For the puri: In a deep frying pan on medium high, heat oil and fry the rolled out rajgira puris. Once done, transfer the puris onto a plate lined with paper towels.
5. Serve these bhakris or puris with yogurt, shrikhand, or shakarkandi halwa.