FOR THE ECLAIRS
- Milk/Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Unsalted butter/Margarine 3 Tablespoon (2 - 3 tablespoons at room temperature)
- Plain flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Sugar 1 Tablespoon
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Baking powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Egg replacer powder 2 Tablespoon
- Water 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
FOR THE FILLING
- Unsalted butter 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Powdered sugar 2 Tablespoon (or more as needed)
FOR THE GLAZE
- Semi sweet chocolate chunks 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Oil 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
FOR THE TOPPING
- Candy sprinkles 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped nuts 1 Tablespoon
- Dessicated coconut 1 Tablespoon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with two layers of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk and set aside.
- In a heavy bottomed pan, pour in the milk, sugar and butter. Warm on the stove until butter is melted.
- Take off the milk from the stove and add in the flour; mix with a spatula until lump free.
- Place the mixture over the stove again and cook on low heat, stirring continuously for 30 seconds – one minute until it forms a ball. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, pour in the water and add in egg replacer powder and whisk well.
- Add in the dough to the mixture and mix until well incorporated. In between add in the vanilla extract.
- Take out the mixture into a piping bag and make eclairs over the prepared baking sheet. Clean out the edges with fingers dipped in water.
- Bake in the oven for 22 – 25 minutes.
- Take out eclairs from the oven and place over the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling – in a bowl, mix together until creamy. Place in a pastry bag and make holes in eclairs. Fill with the filling and set aside.
- In a bowl, add in the chocolate and melt in the microwave. Add in the oil if required to smooth the chocolate.
- Glaze the eclairs and top with sprinkles / nuts or coconut.
- Serve the eclairs with tea or coffee.