- Falooda KulfiIngredientsFor Kulfi:
- 1 (16oz) cup heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz) can of evaporated milk. If you want you can use low fat.
- 1 (14 oz) can of condensed milk
- 8-10 strands of saffron (Kesar)
- 5-6 cardamom pods (Elaichi)
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 16 oz box of cool whipped topping (fat free)
- 1/2 cup coarsely crushed nuts ( I used pistachios but you can also
- add almonds , cashews. And you can powder it all if you want as
- well I like it when I can get them in small bites )
- 9 tablespoons rose syrup
- 3 ounces vermicelli
With a mortar and pestle, grind together sugar, saffron and cardamom seeds. I always prefer freshly ground cardamom and saffron.
In a large mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, heavy cream and cool whip.
Using a whisk gently mix everything together. You need to be gentle otherwise cool whip melts very easily making the mixture more watery and you want it light and airy.
Add in saffron, sugar, cardamom mixture and coarsely crushed nuts. Mix well.
mixture into small dixie style plastic cups and cover with plastic or aluminum wrap. If you don't have cups just Pour it all in a bowl or a deep dish and cover it with a plastic wrap touching the surface of the liquid.
Freeze Kulfi for at least 4 – 6 hours, preferably overnight.
Boil the vermicelli, drain the water out of it, and let it cool for some time (it's best to refrigerate it by putting it in a container and snapping its lid in place so it won't get stiff by cooling).