I call this Samosa a classic because Potato peas is very common, the most popular, stuffing used to make Samosa Traditionally. Learn how to make samosa at home. Mostly Samosa is fried snack but if desired you can bake. I have already shared baked Samosa Pie video recipe.
- All purpose flour 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Carom seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Cumin powder 1 Teaspoon
- Salt To Taste
- Clarified butter 2 Tablespoon , melted
- Baking soda 1/4 Teaspoon (or 1/2 tsp Baking powder) (Optional)
- Water 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (or as needed)
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Diced potato 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon
- Diced onion 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Green peas 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Diced carrot 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Soaked poha 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Ginger garlic green chili paste 1 1/2 Teaspoon , or as per taste
- Chopped cauliflower 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Garam masala 1 Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 Teaspoon
- Fresh lemon juice 1 Tablespoon
- Coriander leaves 1/4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped
- Coriander seeds 1 Teaspoon , split (Optional)
For the stuffing – in a pan, heat the oil and add in the cumin, followed by the turmeric powder and asafoetida.
Quickly stir in the onion and season with salt. Add in the ginger – garlic – chili paste and carrot. Cover the pan and cook for a minute.
Add in the potatoes, peas and cook covered until tender, in between stir the vegetables.
Stir in the cauliflower and mix and let it cook again covered.
Add in the poha, coriander seeds, garam masala and red chili powder. Stir well and season with fresh lemon juice.
Add in the brown sugar and coriander leaves; incorporate well.
For the pastry – in a medium bowl, add in the flour, carom seeds, cumin powder, salt and baking powder.
Pour in the butter and mix, followed by the water and knead to make soft dough.
Cover the dough with damp towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Take small pieces of dough and roll with a rolling pin on a flat surface. Slice into half and fold as shown in the video; fill with vegetable filling and seal the edges with using some water. Repeat the process with rest of the ingredients.
In a pan, heat oil and tip in the samosas, deep fry until golden brown.
Serve with your choice of condiment.