Instant, no fermented quinoa, Oat dosa with lentils is a healthy and crispy dosa. Dosa is usually made with rice which is full of Carbs. But now there are several ways to bring down the calories in Dosa by replacing rice with Quinoa and oat. Taste amazing, better than traditional Rice lentil Dosa. And for omega, I add flax meal. This recipe is suitable for vegan, gluten free diet as well. Great for diabetic people as well.
Step by step video recipe to prepare Quinoa Oats and Lentil Dosa.
I love traditional rice dal dosa but I am trying to reduce rice intake in my diet and quinoa is my favorite these days. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E, and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids. So what could be better than quinoa to replace rice. I don’t need to replace lentil with anything as they are nutritious. They are a good source of potassium, calcium, zinc, niacin and vitamin K, but are particularly rich in dietary fiber, lean protein, folate and iron. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reports that eating plenty of nutrient-dense foods like lentils can lessen your risk of many serious medical problems.
Below is the step by step video instructions for making Quinoa Lentil Dosa.
Quinoa is gluten-free, high in protein and one of the few plant foods that contain all nine essential amino acids. It is also high in fiber, magnesium, B-vitamins, iron, potassium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E and various beneficial antioxidants.
Oats contain some unique components — in particular, the soluble fiber beta-glucan and antioxidants called avenanthramides. Benefits include lower blood sugar and cholesterol levels, protection against skin irritation and reduced constipation. In addition, they’re high in fiber and protein compared to other grains.
Eat lentils and reap their health benefits including: Lower Cholesterol. Lentils help to reduce blood cholesterol since it contains high levels of soluble fiber. Heart Health. Digestive Health. Stabilized Blood Sugar. Good Protein. Increases Energy. Weight Loss.
Omega-3 essential fatty acids, “good” fats that have been shown to have heart-healthy effects. Each tablespoon of ground flaxseed contains about 1.8 grams of plant omega-3s. Lignans, which have both plant estrogen and antioxidant qualities. Flaxseed contains 75 to 800 times more lignans than other plant foods.
With such high profile healthy recipe, one can eat almost everyday with variations like, make stuffed Dosa or serve different chutneys, dip and so on.
- Quinoa – 1 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Mixed Dals – 1/2 cup I mix equal amount of chana, urad and mung dal
- 1 tbsp Flax Meal
- Salt to taste
- Ginger – chili paste – 1 tbsp or as per taste
- Ground Cumin Jeera powder– 1/8 tsp
- A pinch Turmeric Haldi If desired
- Rinse quinoa, oat and lentil several times in water until the water runs clear.
- Soak Oat, lentils and quinoa in water for at least 5 hours or overnight. This helps to make the lentils and quinoa soft. So that the quinoa and lentils are easy to grind smoothly.
- When ready to make Dosa, drain water or reserve little on side to add while grinding.
- I usually keep little water when drain or add water little by little when grinding the quinoa and lentils. This process helps to make a dosa batter to the right consistency.
- Use a broad non-stick pan or skillet to make this dosa. Non-stick pan helps to make the dosas crispy with less amount of oil.
- Heat up pan on medium heat.
- Before spreading batter on to the pan, be sure to sprinkle cold water to bring the temperature down so that the batter can be spread easily.
- Once the batter is spread, drizzle little oil or ghee if desired to make Dosa more crispy.
- If the dosa is getting dark or burned quickly. Take off the pan from heat and allow it to cool slightly or reduce the heat.
- When slightly brown, flip dosa carefully and cook on the other side if desired.
- When done, fold in triangle or cylinder and serve immediately with Chutney or your favorite way.