Craving for some healthy and quick idlis? Learn how easy it is to make idlis. This idlis are made with Rava(Sooji or semolina), so it can be made instantly.
- 1 cup wheat sooji/rava (medium thick)
- 1 cup yogurt/curd
- 1/2 tea spn mustard seeds
- 1/2 tea spn grated and crushed ginger
- 2-3 finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tea spn chana daal
- 1/4 tea spn soda
- 3/4 cup grated carrot
- 1 tbl spn cashews (optional)
- 2-3 strands of coriander leaves
- 2 tbl spn grated coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1-2 tbl spn oil
- Salt to taste
Roast sooji till a nice aroma comes out.(As soon as I buy rawa, I always roast and then store in air tight containear to prevent getting some bugs in it)-So I do not roast again when I make something.
Heat oil and add mustard seeds. When they start popping, add ginger, green chilies, chana daal and fry for sometime. Switch off the heat and immediately add sooji, mix well.
Add salt, soda, carrot, coriander leaves, coconut, yogurt/curd and mix well. Leave it for around 30mins.
Grease an idli stand. Keep half cashew and then put the mixture on top (so that when the idlis are removed, the cashews can be seen on the top). Steam for around 12-15mins.