- Oil 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Onion 3 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Long grain rice/Brown rice 1 Cup (16 tbs), washed, drained (Any Mexican variety of rice may be used)
- Vegetable broth/Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Enchilada sauce 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Salsa/Picante sauce 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Red bell pepper 3 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Green bell pepper 3 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- Green onion 2 Tablespoon , chopped finely
- 1. Take a large non-stick pan heated with oil, add the finely chopped onions. Stir and let it brown a little.
- 2. Add the long grain white rice, stir and let it fry for a few minutes without adding any water.
- 3. Add the vegetable broth, enchilada sauce, chunky salsa or picante sauce and stir well. Cover and let it cook for 7 to 8 minutes.
- 4. After 8 minutes uncover and check the rice. Stir and cover again and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 5. Uncover and when the rice is cooked sprinkle the bell peppers and green onions on the rice to garnish.
- 6. Serve the rice with enchilada, refried beans sprinkled with cheese, guacamole, lettuce and a dollop of sour cream.