Pineapple up side down Cake
FOR THE WET INGREDIENTS
- Butter 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (+ 2 tbsp of melted butter)
- Condensed milk 1 Can (10 oz)
- Vanilla extract 2 Teaspoon
- Milk/Water or pineapple juice 1 Cup (16 tbs)
FOR THE DRY INGREDIENTS
- Plain flour 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Baking soda 1 Teaspoon
- Baking powder 2 Teaspoon
- Pineapple rings 5 (with the centre portions removed)
- Cherries 1/2 Box , small
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2. For the wet ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, add and combine together the butter, condensed milk, milk and vanilla extract using an electric mixer. Make sure the mixture is smooth.
- 3. For the dry ingredients: In a medium sized bowl, add and combine together the plain flour, baking soda and baking powder using a spoon.
- 4. Take the bowl of dry ingredients and slowly add it into the wet ingredients bowl about 1/2 cup measurement at a time. First mix it well with the electric mixer and beat it at a slow speed until well combined. Repeat this step, until all the dry ingredients have been folded into the wet ingredients.
- 5. Take a 9 inch spring form pan and coat the bottom with 2 tablespoon of melted butter and sprinkle it some dry flour.
- 6. Once done, take the pineapple slices and place them inside the spring form pan (adjusting the slices as required), take 3-4 cherries and place them inside the holes of the pineapple slices.
- 7. Once done, take the cake batter and pour it evenly onto the pineapple slices making sure they are completely covered.
- 8. Bake this in the preheated oven at 350 degrees F for 25 - 30 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 9. After 30 minutes, remove the cake from the oven and let it sit for about 10 minutes before releasing the spring pan.
- 10. After 10 minutes, release the spring pan and place the cake upside down onto a cooling rack to cool completely before slicing it.
- 11. Serve a slice of this upside down pineapple cake on a dessert plate with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.