Sometimes when I don’t feel like spending lot of time in the kitchen, I prefer throw everything into one pot and cook kind of recipes.
This simple vegetarian chili recipe tastes incredible! It’s easy to make with basic pantry ingredients, vegetables and spices. Even though this easy homemade vegetarian chili recipe uses canned ingredients, a generous amount of spices are simmered to give it a homemade taste. Vegetarian chili is great to serve for large groups or to bring to potlucks, and this super easy chili recipe won’t disappoint.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed
- ½ cup quinoa grain
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 tsp ground cumin
- 2½ tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp ground chipotle
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 tsp lime juice
- 2 c water
- ½ c fresh cilantro chopped
- Peel and dice sweet potato and onion and rinse black beans.
- Chop cilantro and mince garlic.
- Add garlic, olive oil, water, diced tomatoes, black beans, quinoa sweet potato and onion into inner pot.
- Add chili powder, lime juice, cumin, salt and cilantro into the inner pot. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Secure lid and select Beans.
- It can take 5-10 minutes before your pressure cooker begins pressurizing.
- OPTIONAL: Open and serve with low-fat sour cream and tortilla chips.
if you like to use dry beans, cook beans ahead of time using beans function.