- Puff pastry sheet 1 (Homemade or Store bought)
- Flour 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed for dusting)
FOR THE STUFFING
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon (Jeera)
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch (Haldi)
- Onion 1 Small , chopped finely
- Ginger paste To Taste
- Garlic paste To Taste
- Green chili paste To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Potatoes 2 Medium , boiled
- Garam masala 1 Teaspoon (As per your taste)
- Coriander and cumin powder 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cilantro 1/4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
- Lime juice 1 Tablespoon
- Green peas 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Matar) (Optional)
Things You Will Need
- 1. Pressure cooker - to boil the potatoes (Ready potato flakes may also be used)
- 2. Potato masher
- 3. Roller pin
- 4. Baking tray
1. In a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes and set aside.
2. Heat a pan on medium heat with a couple of tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder.
3. Add the finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chili paste. Add salt to taste and stir for a few minutes.
4. Add the boiled potatoes and a little water (about a tsp). Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes well.
5. Add garam masala, coriander and cumin powder, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Stir everything to combine well.
6. Add fresh or frozen green peas (if using)
7. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
8. Dust a hard surface with some flour, unwrap the puff pastry sheet on it, using a roller pin, roll it into a thin large sheet.
9. Using a pizza cutter, cut the rolled pastry sheet into squares as shown in the video.
10. Dust some flour on the baking tray and set aside.
11. Take each square piece of pastry sheet and roll again (dusting with a little flour), place a portion of the stuffing in the center and close it with another rolled square pastry sheet. Seal the edges together with a little water. use a fork to seal the edges well.
12. Score the surface with a knife to allow the steam to escape.
13. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 - 15 minutes (flipping the sides of each sandwich after 8 minutes).
14. After 12 minutes, bring down the temperature of the oven to 350 F and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown in color.
15. Remove on to a cooling rack and let the pastry sandwiches cool.
16. Serve with Indian tea (chai).
Don't forget to watch video of my homemade puff pastry with full recipe.