- Puff pastry sheet 1 (Homemade or Store bought)
- Flour 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (As needed for dusting)
FOR THE STUFFING
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1 Tablespoon (Jeera)
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch (Haldi)
- Onion 1 Small , chopped finely
- Ginger paste To Taste
- Garlic paste To Taste
- Green chili paste To Taste
- Salt To Taste
- Potatoes 2 Medium , boiled
- Garam masala 1 Teaspoon (As per your taste)
- Coriander and cumin powder 1/2 Tablespoon
- Cilantro 1/4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
- Lime juice 1 Tablespoon
- Green peas 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Matar) (Optional)
Things You Will Need
- 1. Pressure cooker - to boil the potatoes (Ready potato flakes may also be used)
- 2. Potato masher
- 3. Roller pin
- 4. Baking tray
- 1. In a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes and set aside.
- 2. Heat a pan on medium heat with a couple of tbsp oil. Add cumin seeds, a pinch of turmeric powder.
- 3. Add the finely chopped onions, ginger, garlic and green chili paste. Add salt to taste and stir for a few minutes.
- 4. Add the boiled potatoes and a little water (about a tsp). Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes well.
- 5. Add garam masala, coriander and cumin powder, chopped cilantro and lime juice. Stir everything to combine well.
- 6. Add fresh or frozen green peas (if using)
- 7. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- 8. Dust a hard surface with some flour, unwrap the puff pastry sheet on it, using a roller pin, roll it into a thin large sheet.
- 9. Using a pizza cutter, cut the rolled pastry sheet into squares as shown in the video.
- 10. Dust some flour on the baking tray and set aside.
- 11. Take each square piece of pastry sheet and roll again (dusting with a little flour), place a portion of the stuffing in the center and close it with another rolled square pastry sheet. Seal the edges together with a little water. use a fork to seal the edges well.
- 12. Score the surface with a knife to allow the steam to escape.
- 13. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 - 15 minutes (flipping the sides of each sandwich after 8 minutes).
- 14. After 12 minutes, bring down the temperature of the oven to 350 F and bake for another 5 - 10 minutes or until the surface turns golden brown in color.
- 15. Remove on to a cooling rack and let the pastry sandwiches cool.
- 16. Serve with Indian tea (chai).
Recipe NotesDon't forget to watch video of my homemade puff pastry with full recipe.