Red Velvet Cheesecake
Servings: 2 - 5.5" round cheesecakes
- Cake mix 15 1/4 Ounce (1 box- red velvet)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Oil 1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
- Yogurt 1 Cup (16 tbs) (or 1/2 cup sour cream)
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE
- Cream cheese 8 Ounce , softened
- Cornstarch 1 Tablespoon
- Sugar 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Vanilla extarct 1 Teaspoon
- Milk 3 Tablespoon
- 1.Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- 2.Grease 2 cake pans with oil. Set aside.
- 3.Make the cake batter according to the instructions on the box.
- 4.In a blender add all the ingredients for the cream cheese mixture and blend till smooth.
- 5.Pour half of the batter in each cake pan. Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over the cake batter. Spread it evenly.
- 6.Bake for around 15 minutes or till done. Remove from the oven and let it sit for around 25 minutes. Place it in the fridge for few hours to chill and set completely.
- 7.Slice and serve the cheese cake cold.
- If using the cake mix to make it eggless replace the eggs with yogurt or sour cream.
- The cake mix can be replaced with the 2 cups of red velvet cake batter .