Pineapple Mac & Cheese
- Elbow macaroni or Mini Shell pasta 1/2 Pound
- Salt 1 Teaspoon (Boiled in salt water)
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Red bell pepper 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
- Garlic 1 Tablespoon , minced
- Cheese sauce 15 Ounce (or 2 cups)
- Canned pineapple bits 8 Ounce
- Dry herbs mixture 1 Dash (Optional)
- Bread crumbs 1/3 Teaspoon (Optional)
- 1.In a pot bring water to boil. Season with salt and add the pasta. Cook for around 9 minutes or till al dente. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- 2.In a pan heat oil on medium heat and add the red pepper and garlic. Saute for a few minutes or till garlic turns fragrant. Add the cooked pasta and mix well till combined.
- 3.Pour the cheese sauce and continue to stir and mix till all are well combined. Put in the pineapple pieces and again mix.
- 4.In a serving bowl, serve the Mac and cheese garnished with more pine apple pieces, red pepper, green onion, dry herbs and bread crumbs if desired or enjoy it as it is.