These vegan sliders are inspired from meatballs sliders. I am crazy for chickpeas and try to prepare fake meat recipes mostly using chickpeas. Chickpeas are boon for plant based protein diet. Not only protein but chickpeas are also a good source of fiber and iron. In this post I am going to share how to make vegan meatballs which are versatile for many recipes like spaghetti meatballs, falafel sandwich and as a slider in hot dog or burger buns. The recipe is so simple and easy to prepare chickpea balls.
Below is the step by step video instructions to prepare Veg sliders – Vegan Meatballs sliders.
You can then bake these babies in the oven or shallow fry in the pan. I sometimes use Babycakes cake pop maker.
You will need following ingredients to prepare Vegan Meatballs.
1 15-ounce cans chickpeas or homemade boiled, drained chickpeas can be used
1/2 onion, roughly chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/4 to 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoons coriander if available
Salt pepper to taste
1 teaspoons baking powder, if desired
1/8 cup all-purpose flour, optional for binding. I prefer to use almond meal or flax meal or coconut flour even works great for binding.
I then use food processor to grind the coarse mixture.
Prepare balls and bake in the oven or use cake pop maker. Did you know that you can use these balls to prepare Falafel Curry?
- 1 15- ounce cans chickpeas or homemade boiled drained chickpeas can be used
- 1/2 onion roughly chopped (about 1 cup chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoons coriander if available
- Salt pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoons baking powder if desired
- 1/8 cup all-purpose flour optional for binding. I prefer to use almond meal or flax meal or coconut flour even works great for binding.
- Hotdog or Burger Buns
- Marinara Sauce
- Cheese if desired or just sprinkle almond meal Fake Parmesan cheese
- Finely chopped Parsley.
- Add all falafel ingredients into the food processor and pulse few times to get coarse textured mixture.
- Form the mixture into small balls.
- Now you can bake the balls into the preheated oven at 375F for about 15 minutes or till desired result.
- I bake the balls in to my cake pop maker. Grease the cake pop maker with oil, and bake the balls for about 15 minutes. When done, open the cake pop maker but do not try to take out the balls immediately. Let them cool slightly in to the cake pop maker and then removed them safely.
- Buns can be lightly toasted.
- Dip the balls into marinara sauce and then onto the buns.
- Sprinkle parsley and cheese.
- Sliders are ready to serve.