Dhokla – Indian steamed savory cake – is very popular among kids and grown ups. And if you have some picky eater that do not eat their veggies, this Dhokla cake is the perfect way to feed them their vegetable servings.
- Semolina 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs)
- Chickpea flour 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar 1 Tablespoon
- Plain yogurt 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Oil 3 Tablespoon (2 - 3 tablespoons)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon
- Beet puree 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Carrot puree 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Red chili powder To Taste
- Turmeric powder 2 Pinch , divided
- Spinach puree 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Green chili paste To Taste
- Fruit salt 2 Teaspoon (Eno)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
In a large bowl, add in the semolina, chickpea flour, salt and sugar. Mix well with a spatula.
Pour in the yogurt and ginger paste, mix well. Cover the bowl with lid and let it rest for 15 – 20 minutes.
Divide the batter into five equal portions.
Place the dhokla steamer on stove and let the water boil, meanwhile grease the mould with some oil and set aside.
In fifth portion of the batter, add in the fruit salt and some water. Mix well.
In remaining batter, add in the fruit salt and water. Mix thoroughly.
Into the prepared dhokla mould pour in the plain batter, followed by the yellow, green, orange and pink colored batter one by one. Steam for 18 – 20 minutes.
Serve with green chutney.