One way to please everyone at the table is to custom-make pizza at home: Prepare a selection of toppings and take orders. Usually, I have to prepare one medium cheese and Large Veggie-lover’s Pizza. These days, it takes very less time to prepare pizza, I should say, less than ordering pizza!!! Plus, kids get to enjoy making their own personal pizza as well…
- Rapid rise yeast 2 Teaspoon
- Sugar 1 Tablespoon
- Warm water 1 1/4 Cup (20 tbs)
- Oil 4 Tablespoon (3 - 4 tablespoons)
- Salt To Taste
- Garlic powder 1/4 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Dry italian herbs 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Plain flour 3 Cup (48 tbs) (2 1/2 - 3 cups)
- Tomatoes 5 (4 -5 tomatoes)
- Red bell pepper 1/2
- Carrot 1 , sliced
- Onion 1/2 , sliced
- Garlic 3 Clove (15 gm) (2 - 3 cloves)
- Chopped basil leaves 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Salt To Taste
- Paprika/Chilli powder To Taste
- Sugar To Taste (Optional)
For the dough – In a mixing bowl, add in the yeast, sugar, warm water, oil, salt, garlic powder and Italian seasoning. Let it bloom for sometime.
Add in the flour and knead with dough hook, using a stand mixer for 6 – 10 minutes.
Spread some oil over the dough and on mixing bowl and let it rise, twice or thrice, about 30 minutes.
For the sauce – in a pressure cooker, add in the veggies and salt. Cook for a few minutes.
Remove the skin of tomatoes and red bell pepper and transfer all the veggies to a blender. Blend until smooth.
Take out the sauce in a medium bowl; stir in paprika, sugar and basil leaves. Set aside.
Punch the dough and take out over a floured surface; knead for a few minutes and divide. Spread over the baking pan and cover with kitchen towel and let it rise for a few minutes.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Spread sauce over the prepared dough sheet and top with cheese and desired toppings.
Bake for 20 minutes or until crust is browned.
Slice the pizza and serve.