- Yogurt 1 Cup (16 tbs) (3/4-1)
- Bananas 1 Small , sliced
- Amaranth flour 2 Tablespoon
- Rock salt 2 Pinch
- Ginger 1/2 Teaspoon , chopped finely
- Green chilly 1/2 Teaspoon , chopped finely
- Water 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (Adjust the quantity as required)
- Cumin powder 1/4 Teaspoon (Optional)
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch (Optional)
- Curry leaves 10 Gram (2 sprigs)
- FOR THE SEASONING
- Oil/Ghee 2 Tablespoon (If Ghee - 1 tablespon)
- Dry red chilli 2 Medium
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- 1. Take a bowl and add the yogurt, banana, amaranth flour, ginger, green chilly and water as required. Use a hand blender to blend the mixture. Check the consistency and accordingly add more water if required.
- 2. Add 2 pinches of rock salt and cumin powder. Stir it well.
- 3. In a small pan add 2 tablespoons of oil or 1 tablespoon of ghee and heat it, add 2 whole red chilies and add cumin seeds, when they crackle take the pan off the heat.
- 4. Transfer the yogurt mixture from the bowl to a pot and bring it to a boil by continuously stirring. Add a pinch of turmeric (optional) and some curry leaves and continue stirring.
- 5. Add the red chili and cumin seasoning and stir.
- 6. Serve warm with sabudana (Sago) Khichdi during upvas (fasting) period.