This flaky Parathas are perfect with curry, for breakfast or make it with flavors and serve as snack with tea or coffee.
Plain flour 2 Cup
(32 tbs) (Maida)
Salt 1 Teaspoon
Sugar 1 Teaspoon
Baking powder 1?4 Teaspoon
Oil 1 Tablespoon
Warm milk/Water 3?4 Cup
(12 tbs) (As needed to knead the dough)
FOR BRUSHING AND PAN FRYING
Oil/Ghee 1?4 Cup
To prepare the dough:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients, combine well.
2. Add the oil and gradually add the warm milk, kneading the dough to get a soft and sticky ball of dough.
3. Rub a little oil on the surface, cover and let it rest for 20 - 30 minutes.
4. After about 25 minutes or more, take the dough, moisten your palms with a little oil, knead slightly and divide into 8 equal portions (balls).
5. Cover again and let it rest for about 5 - 10 minutes.
6. Grease counter top with oil, roll the dough as thin as you can. Keep spreading ghee or oil and sprinkle some flour to dust the surface of the rolled paratha.
7. Cut the rolled sheet of dough into two halves and fold into thin strips and twirl it to form a flat ball as demonstrated in the video.
8. Prepare all the spiral balls similarly, cover it with a damp towel and let it rest for about 5 - 10 minutes.
9. After 10 minutes, roll the parathas, touching it with a drop of oil.
10. In heated pan, with a little oil, pan fry the parathas on a low-medium heat. Flip the other side, greasing with a little oil.
11. Serve warm with any thick-gravy Indian dish.
This paratha can be made with wheat flour alone or with a combination of wheat flour and plain flour.
You may incorporate different flavors as per your choice - red chili flakes or coarsely ground cumin can be added.
You can also add fresh herbs of your choice like chopped coriander, mint or green onions.
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated.Thank you!