Paneer Bhurji is a popular, delicious and easy to make dish, made with crumbled paneer, onions, capsicums and tomatoes, this can also be served as a side dish with rotis, parathas or naan.
Paneer Bhurji can be made without gravy for breakfast or appetizer and for the main course, gravy can be prepared.
My kids love Paneer Bhurji Pie, I call it Paneer Bhurji Pillows! You can see the video below of Paneer Bhurji Pillow.
- Oil 3 Tablespoon , divided
- Cumin seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Asafetida 1/8 Teaspoon if available
- Onions 1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely
- Red bell peppers 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
- Green bell peppers 1/2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely
- Ginger paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Green chili paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Coriander powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Cashews 2 Tablespoon , broken
- Paneer 500 Gram , crumbled
- Tomatoes 2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped
- Shahi paneer garam masala/Punjabi masala 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Fresh cilantro
- Heat a pan with a couple of tablespoons of oil. Add cumin seeds, asafoetida (hing), and finely chopped onions. Stir and let the onions cook until tender. Keep the stove heat at low while cooking the onions.
- Add the red and the green bell peppers, ginger, garlic and the green chili paste. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder and the broken cashews. Stir well.
- Push the vegetables to the sides of the pan and make a well-like space in the center of the pan. Add a little bit of oil and add the crumbled paneer and cook for a few minutes until lightly brown in color.
- Mix everything together gently and add the chopped tomatoes. Stir and let the tomatoes cook along with all the other vegetables.
- Add the shahi paneer garam masala and salt to taste. Stir well.
- Finally add the finely chopped fresh cilantro, stir and turn off the stove.
- Serve the paneer bhurji with rice, roti, naan or paratha.