This Pan Pizza comes out just like restaurant. My kids just love pan pizza. This recipe makes a great pan pizza! I do have to say tasting the crust by itself, it is very similar to the taste of pizza huts. It can be baked in a skillet or just about any pan you have such as cake tins or any kind of oven proof deep dish.
- For the Dough:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups wheat flour - you can use only one flour if you wish but I like to use combination of both
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 envelope rapid rise yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar-optional
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp olive oil - you will need more later to grease your pan.
- 11/2 cups (or as needed) luke warm mix of milk and water - you can use only milk or water - traditionally, milk powder is used in pan pizza crust.
- For Toppings:
- 1 cup sauce or as needed
- Vegetables of your choice
- 2 cups cheese or as needed
- For garnishing/seasoning
- I season my veggies with salt and pepper
- You can garnish pizza seasoning right before serving if you have. But if you sauce contains herbs and spices , you might not need. I just sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top when I serve.
Put yeast, sugar, salt, and dry milk(if using) in a large (2 qt.) bowl. Add water and stir to mix well. Allow to sit for two minutes. Add oil and stir again. Add flour and stir until dough forms and flour is absorbed. Now, that's traditional way of preparing yeast but here is What I do these days to make it easier. I take large wide bowl. Mix all dry ingredients, flours, garlic powder, salt, sugar and yeast. Now add oil, mix again and finish kneading dough with luke warm mix of water and milk.
At this point, your dough will be still sticky. So now comes, kneading part. More you knead, batter your dough will be. You can take help of dry flour to handle your dough.
Turn out on to a flat surface and knead for about 5-10 minutes. Divide dough into two balls. In two 9" cake pans, put 3 Oz. of oil in each making sure it is spread evenly. Using a rolling pin, roll out each dough ball to about a 9" circle. Place in cake pans.
Spray the outer edge of dough with cooking spray. Cover with a plate. Place in warm area and allow to rise for 30 minutes or longer if you have time.
When ready to bake pizza, preheat oven at 450-475F
Apply sauce on pizza crust. Spread vegetables, and finish with cheese layer.
Some people prebake crust and then do toppings but I do everthing in one shot.
Place prepared tray on middle rack in preheated oven and allow it to bake for about 15-20 minutes. Time may vary depend on thickness of crust but you will come to know by looking at edge of pizza crust. When edge looks little golden color, take out pizza and serve hot.
I sprinkle pizza seasoning or red pepper flakes right before serving...