Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
Servings: 40 cookies
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- Butter 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks of Butter used)
- Sugar 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
- Fresh orange juice 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Orange zest 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt 1/4 Teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Plain flour 3 Cup (48 tbs)
- Pistachios 1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted, roughly chopped
- Cranberries 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Things You Will Need
- 1. Electric mixer
- 2. Plastic wrap
- 3. Baking trays
- 1. Into a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2. When the sugar and butter are well incorporated, add the fresh orange juice and orange zest. Blend again.
- 3. Then, add the salt and baking powder.
- 4. Add 1/2 of the flour and begin by mixing at a very low speed. Then, add the rest of the flour and blend again until well combined.
- 5. Add the pistachios, cranberries and mix again at low speed for a couple of minutes. (Make sure no to over mix the dough)
- 6. Remove the dough onto a large plate and form into a 2-inch diameter log. Break into two logs, as shown in the video.
- 7. Wrap both the logs using a plastic wrap and smooth-en them as much as possible.
- 8. Refrigerate overnight or at least for 5 hours or you may freeze for about 30 minutes.
- 9. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- 10. Unwrap the logs, using a knife cut the logs into 1/4-inch thick cookies and arrange on cookie trays, as shown in the video.
- 11. Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until you see the edges turning a nice golden color.
- 12. Once done, remove from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack, allow to cool.
- 13. Serve as a snack.