Pistachio Cranberry Shortbread Cookies
Servings: 40 cookies
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH
- Butter 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), softened (3 Sticks of Butter used)
- Sugar 3/4 Cup (12 tbs)
- Fresh orange juice 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Orange zest 1 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt 1/4 Teaspoon
- Baking powder 1/2 Teaspoon
- Plain flour 3 Cup (48 tbs)
- Pistachios 1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted, roughly chopped
- Cranberries 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Things You Will Need
- 1. Electric mixer
- 2. Plastic wrap
- 3. Baking trays
1. Into a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar.
2. When the sugar and butter are well incorporated, add the fresh orange juice and orange zest. Blend again.
3. Then, add the salt and baking powder.
4. Add 1/2 of the flour and begin by mixing at a very low speed. Then, add the rest of the flour and blend again until well combined.
5. Add the pistachios, cranberries and mix again at low speed for a couple of minutes. (Make sure no to over mix the dough)
6. Remove the dough onto a large plate and form into a 2-inch diameter log. Break into two logs, as shown in the video.
7. Wrap both the logs using a plastic wrap and smooth-en them as much as possible.
8. Refrigerate overnight or at least for 5 hours or you may freeze for about 30 minutes.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
10. Unwrap the logs, using a knife cut the logs into 1/4-inch thick cookies and arrange on cookie trays, as shown in the video.
11. Place into the preheated oven and bake for about 15 - 20 minutes or until you see the edges turning a nice golden color.
12. Once done, remove from the oven and transfer onto a cooling rack, allow to cool.
13. Serve as a snack.