Swiss Roll Trifle
To make this dessert egg free, just replace Swiss rolls with egg free cake and rest is all egg free.
FOR BERRY SAUCE
- Mixed berries 2 Cup (32 tbs) (fresh or frozen)
- Brown sugar 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Corn starch 1 Tablespoon
- Juice of orange 1/2
- Mascarpone cheese/Cream cheese 8 Ounce
- Heavy whipping cream 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Powdered sugar 2/3 Cup (10.67 tbs)
- Orange extract 1 Dash (Optional)
- Orange zest 1 Tablespoon
FOR CHOCOLATE PUDDING
- Granulated sugar 1/3 Cup (5.33 tbs)
- Cocoa powder 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Corn starch 2 1/2 Tablespoon
- Salt 1 Pinch
- Milk 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Butter 4 Tablespoon
- Vanilla extract 4 Teaspoon
- Vanilla pudding 3 Cup (48 tbs)
- Chocolate swiss roll 3 , sliced (Little Debbie Swiss rolls)
- For berry sauce – in a saucepan, add in all the ingredients and place on the stove. Stir until everything is cooked. Set aside to cool.
- For the frosting- in a chilled mixing bowl, add in the mascarpone cheese and icing sugar. Beat with a stand mixer until well combined.
- Pour in heavy whipping cream and beat until it forms stiff peaks.
- Add in orange extract and zest, lightly fold in. Fill a piping bag with frosting.
- For chocolate pudding – in a large bowl, stir together granulated sugar, cocoa powder, corn starch and salt.
- Pour in the milk and stir well. Place over the stove and stir continuously to mix break the lumps. Bring to a boil and turn off the stove.
- Add in the butter and vanilla extract; stir well until butter is melted. Set aside to cool.
- In a Swiss trifle bowl, place some Swiss roll on the bottom, spread frosting, followed by the berry sauce, vanilla pudding and chocolate pudding. Top with fresh berries if you desire and top with Swiss roll. Using piping bag decorate with frosting.
- Serve for dessert.
Add additional cook/bake time if making cake at home.