Meatless Meat Sauce
I replace meat with Beans(high in protein, fiber and Iron), some veggies such as Mushroom & Spinach to get meat kind flavor and there you have no Meat Meat Sauce in no time. Now, you can pack your lunch box with more confidence. This meatless meat sauce is perfect for pasta, pizza, spaghetti, meatless meat balls, Gnocchi and much more.
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Finely chopped mushrooms/Eggplant 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Finely chopped onion 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Minced garlic 1 Teaspoon
- Spinach 2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped
- Boiled kidney beans 3/4 Cup (12 tbs), mashed
- Tomato paste 8 Ounce (or 2 cups Tomato Sauce)
- Vegetable stock 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (or 1/4 cup water - Not required if using Tomato Sauce)
- Salt and pepper To Taste
- Italian seasoning To Taste
- In a pan, heat the oil and add in mushroom; sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in onion and stir; followed by the garlic and stir again.
- Tip in the spinach and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add in the beans and mix well.
- Stir in the tomato paste and pour in vegetable stock.
- Season with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve over spaghetti or use it for recipes that calls for Tomato Sauce such as pizza, pasta and so on.
Add additional time if you are soaking/boiling beans at home.