Recipe: Tri-color Kulfi
- 4 cups whole fat milk or 2 cups cream
- 1 can (400gm)condensed milk
- pinch of saffron (kesar)
- 1/4 cup pista
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
- 1 /4 chocolate chips
- drop of saffron color ( yellow )
- drop of green color
- In a non stick pan boil the milk, once it starts boiling reduce it to mediumflame n stir occasionally until the milk reduces to half quantity. You can use heavy whipped cream if you don’t want to boil.
- In the meantime finely chop the pista n keep aside.
- When the milk which was kept for boiling has reduced to half, add condensed milk to it n stir for 2 min until it begins to thicken then divide to three portions.
- Melt the chocolate chips in microwave and blend it nicely with the first portion and fill this mixture to 1/3 level into the molds and freeze it for 1 hour
- To the remaining 2 portions add the sugar and cardamom powder and stir still sugar melts and let it cool.
- Then to one portion add the chopped pistachio, cardamom powder and green food color and fill the mold to to 2/3 level and freeze for 1 hour
- To the third and final portion add a pinch of kesar and yellow color and fill the mold completely and freeze for 3 hours
- Before serving take the mould from freezer n keep it under running water for a min and slowly remove the kulfi.
- Enjoy your tri-flavor kulfi