1. Into a bowl, add luke warm water, sugar and yeast, cover it and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, take all purpose four. Add salt, mix well and keep aside till the yeast kept aside rises.
3. After the yeast rises, add the melted ghee and fresh yogurt (at room temperature) to it. Knead the dough and add more yogurt (if required) to make a soft and sticky dough.
4. Cover the dough and let it rest for about 15 minutes inside the oven with the lights on (Do not turn on the oven).
5. After 15 minutes, take out the risen dough, (smear your palms with oil to handle the sticky dough), take portions from it and make the balls and place into another bowl.
6. Cover and let it rest for another 15 minutes in the oven with the lights on.
7. Once the dough rises again, store in the refrigerator if you are not making your naan immediately.
8. Preheat the oven along with the pizza stone at 500 F.
9. Take each risen ball of dough, dust it well and roll using the roller pin.
10. Fold thrice into a triangle shape and roll again stretching the dough with your hands as much as possible.
11. Brush a little olive oil on the surface of the rolled out dough and spread a little minced garlic on top of it. Sprinkle some finely chopped cilantro leaves as well.
12. Place the naans on the preheated pizza stone in the preheated oven and bake for about 8 minutes at 500 F and finally a couple of minutes on broiler to brown the top of the naan.
13. Once done take out the naans, bake the second batch of naans again first in the oven setting and then in the broiler.
14. Serve the plain naans with a little butter smeared on top. The garlic and plain naans may be served with any of your favorite dishes.
In the video shown the Chef uses double the quantities given in the ingredients list - You can prepare the naan as per your requirement.
Substitution for yoast : 1 tsp yeast = 1 tsp baking powder + 1/4 tsp baking soda
Substitution for egg : 1 egg = 1 cup yogurt