Kharkharia or Kharkhriya or Suvari is specialty of Gujarat made during Diwali. Ladies of Village get together and make many spcial Diwali snacks. I just love Diwali festival since it brings lot of happiness.
- 1 cup All purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup wheat flour
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee ( melted)
- 1 cup Warm water
- 2 tablespoon Sesame seeds
- Boil the hot water. Add in the sugar and sesame seeds. Stir well. Let it cool down. Put aside.
- Mix the wheat and all purpose flour. Add in the ghee.
- Pour in the water with sugar and sesame seeds. Mix well with the flour. Add in a little more water.
- Knead the dough. Form a ball shape from it. Roll with a rolling pin. Repeat and do for the rest of the dough. Let them dry for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry it. Fry over medium heat. Drain off the oil.
- Ready to serve.
- Store in air tight container for freshness.
Rolling time is depend how fast you are. And for best result, you have to let them dry little bit before frying so it doesn't hold oil even.