Take your traditional breakfast or light lunch poha to the next level. Poha (beaten rice) is the ingredient that most Indian households have in the pantry and poha allows to make quick recipes anytime.
Usually Kanda poha, Bateta poha, mixed vegetable poha is popular but have you ever thought of adding more protein to this dishes? For the last few years, I have been adding quinoa or sprouted lentils to my poha and believe me or not, it taste heavenly delicious!
Below is the video instructions for making basic Kanda Poha. Feel free to jazz up with your favorite toppings.
Protein Packed Poha makes a great breakfast as well as a tiffin item. And now you can include this recipe in your easy brunch menu list as well for your lazy sunday.
mixed sprouts poha A nutritious breakfast taken early in the morning holds you in good stead throughout the day. Moong Sprouts Poha is easy poha with kanda, sprouts, peanuts makes healthy breakfast recipe.
- 1 cup Poha Beaten or Flatten Rice
- 1 cup Mixed Sprouts
- Chopped onions – 1 Medium Size
- Chopped green chilies – 2-4 as per your taste
- Minced Ginger 1 tsp.
- 1/4 cup peanuts
- Few curry leaves if available
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves – 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt & Sugar– As per taste
- Place poha/beaten rice in a sieve and wash it lightly. Drain the water and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil on a medium flame. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, peanuts, chopped onions, minced ginger and green chilies. Sauté till onions turn light brown.
- Then add mixed sprouts and sauté for another couple of minutes on a medium flame.
- Add salt and sugar to the sauté and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Now add poha and a tablespoon of lemon juice and mix well. Cook it for 2-3 minutes while stirring it continuously to avoid overcooking.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve hot.