Amiri Khamans can be prepared from left over Khaman. And for any reason, if your Khaman don’t turn out good, do not throw them away, instead turn then into yummy recipe like this. Basically, Khaman crumbled and tempered with Garlic, coconut. So here is the recipe you will ever need. And it is healthy as well.
Below is the video instructions to prepare Khamani from scratch.
These days I love to use Electric pressure cooker to make my most Indian recipes. I have been using stove top pressure cooker for years now and these days, electric pressure cooker like instant pot is my best buddy in my kitchen.
Khaman can be prepared Instant or traditional way.
Instant Khaman Recipe
Vateli Dal na Khaman
- 20 khaman dhoklas
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp mustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pomegranate (anar) seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander (dhania)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated coconut optional
- 3 tbsp sev
- Crumble the dhoklas in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the garlic and asafoetida and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- .Pour this tempering over the crumbled dhoklas and mix well.
- Add the sugar, pomegranate seeds, coriander and coconut and mix well.
- Just before serving, add the sev and mix well.
- Serve immediately.