Chilled Milk based Indian Custard Fruit Salad is made with variations such as some people make it with Condensed Milk and some add Vanilla Ice cream to sweetened the milk quickly but for authentic flavor, I prefer to use Custard Powder these days. Vanilla Custard powder can be found at Indian grocery and it is 100% vegetarian/vegan friendly.
- Vanilla custard powder 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) - can be found at Indian grocery
- Sugar 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (or as per taste)
- Half and half 3 Cup (48 tbs)
- Banana 1/2 , diced
- Mango 1/4 , diced
- Frozen or Fresh Sapota fruit , Chiku 1 , diced
- Strawberries 1 , diced
- Apple 1/4 , diced
- Grapes 10
- Cardamom powder 1/4 Teaspoon (Optional)
- You can add/omit fruits as per your preference
In a heavy bottomed pan, add in the custard and sugar and whisk well.
Pour in some half and half and beat to remove any lumps and after that add in the remaining half and half.
Place the pan on medium – high heat and bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
Turn of the stove and let it cool completely. After that refrigerate for sometime.
Add in all the fruits to the custard and season with cardamom powder.
Serve for dessert.