Dhaba Daal Tadka Fry
- Oil 1 Tablespoon
- Cinnamon To Taste
- Cloves To Taste
- Dry whole red chilies To Taste
- Peppercorn To Taste
- Cumin seeds To Taste
- Lentils 1 Cup (16 tbs) (Any of your choice)
- Onions 1 , finely chopped/pureed
- Tomatoes 2 Large , finely chopped/pureed
- Ginger garlic To Taste , minced or paste
- Turmeric 1/4 Teaspoon
- Red chili powder To Taste
- Coriander cumin powder 1/2 Tablespoon (Dhaniya jeera)
- Salt To Taste
- Sugar To Taste (Optional)
- Lemon slice 2
- Green chili 2
- Oil 1
- Ghee 1 Teaspoon (Clarified butter) (Optional)
- Cumin seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
- Mustard seeds 1 Teaspoon
- Dried red chili/Green chili 2 (1-2)
- Asafoetida 1 Pinch
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch
- Red chili powder 1 Pinch (Optional)
- Curry leaves sprig To Taste (a few) (Optional)
- Cilantro sprigs To Taste (for garnish)
- Soak the lentils in water for a couple of hours.
- Pressure cook the lentils (4-5 whistles)
- In a kadhai add oil, to it add whole Cinnamon, cloves, Dry whole red chillis, pepper corn, and cumin seeds. When these sizzle add the onion puree.
- Add ginger paste, garlic paste, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander cumin powder. Saute it well.
- Add the tomatoes (puree or chopped). Cook for 2 min. Add the garam masala and salt. Close the pot and let it cook. Open and stir carefully as the mixture bubbles up.
- Add a little sugar, then add the dal with the with the water it was coked in. Close the dal and let it cook.
- To prepare the tempering, In a small bowl health the oil and ghee mixture well, nce it is ht add the ther tempering ingredients and let them sizzle (watch the video)
- Top the dal with coriander leaves and pour the tadka on top.
- Serve it hot with sliced onions, green chili, lemon slices. Best served with Tandori roti, naan or steamed rice.