No Meat Meatballs
- Firm tofu 200 Gram
- Mushrooms 1/2 Pound , finely chopped
- Onion 1 , finely chopped
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped herbs 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (such as basil, parsley or cilantro)
- Flaxseed meal 1 Tablespoon (Ground Flaxseed)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Oil 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
- Chilli sauce 1 Teaspoon
- Yellow mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Peanut butter 2 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
- Chop the mushrooms finely.
- Ass olive oil to a frying pan, add mushrooms and cook till it is caramelized and water has evaporated. Then add the finely chopped onions, garlic, ad freshly chopped herbs.
- Season with salt. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Weigh down the tofu to make sure all the water is removed and the tofu is firm.
- Crumble the tofu, flavor the tofu with chili sauce, mustard, peanut butter, and flax seed meal. Add the cooled cooked veggies. Mix it well, preferably with hand.
- Make ball out of the mixture, deep fry or bake them till they turn golden brown.
- Serve these hot with Tomato sauce