No Meat Meatballs
- Firm tofu 200 Gram
- Mushrooms 1/2 Pound , finely chopped
- Onion 1 , finely chopped
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Chopped herbs 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (such as basil, parsley or cilantro)
- Flaxseed meal 1 Tablespoon (Ground Flaxseed)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon
- Oil 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Deep Frying)
- Chilli sauce 1 Teaspoon
- Yellow mustard 1/2 Teaspoon
- Peanut butter 2 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste
Chop the mushrooms finely.
Ass olive oil to a frying pan, add mushrooms and cook till it is caramelized and water has evaporated. Then add the finely chopped onions, garlic, ad freshly chopped herbs.
Season with salt. Turn off the heat and let the mixture cool.
Weigh down the tofu to make sure all the water is removed and the tofu is firm.
Crumble the tofu, flavor the tofu with chili sauce, mustard, peanut butter, and flax seed meal. Add the cooled cooked veggies. Mix it well, preferably with hand.
Make ball out of the mixture, deep fry or bake them till they turn golden brown.
Serve these hot with Tomato sauce