Hara bhara kabab is a healthy & delicious Indian vegetarian crispy snack made with spinach, potatoes and green peas. A tasty alternative for those who love kababs but are vegetarian, this hara bhara kabab recipe includes spinach and other vegetables. Patties or cutlets are usually deep fried but since I thought of keeping it healthier, I adopted baking option. If you would like to fry, fry on a medium heat till brown. Or the another option is shallow fried kababs. Just add little oil in a non stick pan and roast patties on low to medium heat till golden brown. So where there is a will, there is a way!
Fried Kababs look like below.
If you wish to shallow fry, the kababs will look like below. So any how you prepare, you are going to love them for sure.
- Boiled green peas 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Fenugreek leaves 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)
- Spinach 1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched
- Mint leaves 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
- Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (more or less to taste)
- Green chili 3 (or to taste)
- Boiled chickpeas 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Bread slices 2 (as needed)
- Potatoes 2 Medium , boiled or steamed, mashed
- Garlic paste 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Coriander cumin powder 1 Teaspoon (as needed)
- Garam masala To Taste
- Chaat masala 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch
- Sugar To Taste (Optional)
- Lemon juice 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable oil/Sunflower oil 1 Teaspoon (For greasing and coating kebab)
- Preheat oven at 400 degree F.
- Add boiled mashed potato, ginger, garlic, coriander cumin powder, garam masala, chaat masala, turmeric, salt, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Grease your palm with oil and roll mixture into any shape you like. Insert skewer into each as shown in the video.
- Coat kebabs with oil, pop in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until done. You may also deep or shallow fry in oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup, chutney or salad and enjoy!