Hara bhara kabab is a healthy & delicious Indian vegetarian crispy snack made with spinach, potatoes and green peas. A tasty alternative for those who love kababs but are vegetarian, this hara bhara kabab recipe includes spinach and other vegetables. Patties or cutlets are usually deep fried but since I thought of keeping it healthier, I adopted baking option. If you would like to fry, fry on a medium heat till brown. Or the another option is shallow fried kababs. Just add little oil in a non stick pan and roast patties on low to medium heat till golden brown. So where there is a will, there is a way!
Fried Kababs look like below.
If you wish to shallow fry, the kababs will look like below. So any how you prepare, you are going to love them for sure.
- Boiled green peas 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Fenugreek leaves 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (as needed)
- Spinach 1 Cup (16 tbs), blanched
- Mint leaves 1/4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)
- Chopped coriander leaves 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (more or less to taste)
- Green chili 3 (or to taste)
- Boiled chickpeas 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Bread slices 2 (as needed)
- Potatoes 2 Medium , boiled or steamed, mashed
- Garlic paste 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Ginger paste 1 Tablespoon (as needed)
- Coriander cumin powder 1 Teaspoon (as needed)
- Garam masala To Taste
- Chaat masala 1 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Turmeric powder 1 Pinch
- Sugar To Taste (Optional)
- Lemon juice 1 Tablespoon
- Vegetable oil/Sunflower oil 1 Teaspoon (For greasing and coating kebab)
Preheat oven at 400 degree F.
Add boiled mashed potato, ginger, garlic, coriander cumin powder, garam masala, chaat masala, turmeric, salt, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix well.
Grease your palm with oil and roll mixture into any shape you like. Insert skewer into each as shown in the video.
Coat kebabs with oil, pop in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until done. You may also deep or shallow fry in oil.
Serve hot with ketchup, chutney or salad and enjoy!