Idlis (Rice Flour Steamed Cakes) are South Indian delicacy served with Sambhar and Coconut Chutney. Traditionally made by soaking rice and lentil but today you are going to learn instant recipe made using rice flour.
- Rice flour 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Black gram flour 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Fruit salt 1 Pinch (eno)
- Water 1 Cup (16 tbs) (as needed)
- Salt To Taste
- Fruit salt 1/4 Teaspoon (eno)
- Fresh lemon juice 4 Drop
- Oil 1/2 Teaspoon (For greasing)
- In a large bowl, mix together rice flour, black gram flour, 1 pinch fruit salt. Gradually pour in the water to make a thick batter.
- Cover the batter and let it ferment for half an hour.
- Next, add in the salt and some water. Mix together.
- Season with fruit salt and lemon juice; mix well again.
- Pour the water in a steamer and bring to boil.
- Meanwhile, grease the idli pan and pour the batter. Place in the steamer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Serve with chutney and sambhar.
Most Indian grocery carry Black Gram Flour( Urad Atta), if not use Besan(Chickpea flour)