Tasty no-bake cookies made with rolled oat, peanut butter and maple syrup. Other optional ingredients are vanilla bean paste, and can be jazz up with cranberries or raisins, sunflower seeds, or even chocolate chip. When I make with chocolate chip, I add to the cooled mixture and preferable mini chocolate chip.
Below is the video instructions to make no bake oat cookies.
Interested in more no bake cookies, watch the video below.
No-bake, no grain flour, no dairy butter, and no refined sugar. Perfect for vegan, gluten free diet. Eat as much cookies as you want without guilt!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oat
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter or any of your favorite nut butter like almond or cashew butter
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetened of your choice such as Honey maple syrup or Agave Nectar
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla bean paste or 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried Cranberries or other toppings like mini chocolate chip can be used
- On a medium heat, roast oat and coconut in a wide pan.
- When oat and coconut change the color slightly and aromatic, take the pan away from the stove and take out the oat and coconut into a tray.
- Use the same pan again and at the same heat, melt peanut butter with maple syrup.
- When the mixture is bubbly, add vanilla bean paste. Mix well.
- Now, add roasted oat and coconut and mix well.
- Turn off the stove and take the pan away from the stove to cook further and take out the mixture into the tray to cool. Add cranberries and mix well. If you would like to add chocolate chip, you will have to wait till the mixture is cooled or else the chip may melt.
- When the mixture is slightly warm, start shaping into cookies.