The first time I tasted a French Macaron I wondered why they were so popular. Feathery light, airy Macarons can win almost everyone’s heart! I have been working on no eggs Vegan French Macarons for a while now and finally I got success with some recipes. One of them is meringue made with flax seeds gel and the other one is meringue made out of boiled Chickpea liquid. I will share all of them as I get chance. I follow the exact same traditional recipe of French Macaron but prepare the meringue from Flax Gel or Chickpea liquid known as Aquafaba. Be sure to follow all the tips as usual as traditional recipe. Below you can read more tips to make perfect Macarons so let’s begin the journey of making French Macarons.
- Almond flour 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (Almond meal)
- Powdered sugar 1 Cup (16 tbs)
- Egg replacer powder 2 Tablespoon (Ener-G) Recipe Below if you can't find
- Water 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Granulated sugar 2 Tablespoon
- Versawhip powder 1/2 Teaspoon if available but necessary if you want to get right texture
- Agar/Xantham gum powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Lemon zest 1 Teaspoon
- Yellow food color 1 Drop
- Pure peppermint extract 1 Drop
- Green food color 1 Drop
- Pure vanilla extract 1 Drop
- Pink food color 1 Drop
- Butter or Margarine 1/4 Cup (4 tbs)
- Powdered sugar 2 Tablespoon
- Flavoring extract To Taste (Optional)
- Food color To Taste (Optional)
To prepare the egg free meringue, whip the egg replacer and water till it is frothy. Let it rest.e
Once the meringue is rested add agar, versawhip, sugar and whip for 1 – 1 ½ minute. The mi would have stiff peaks.
Sift the powdered sugar and almond meal together. Fold it in the meringue
Divide the mixture and flavor and color the macaroons to your choice.
Fill the mixture in piping bags with wide tips. Pipe out the mixture in a baking tray with multiple parchment papers.
Tap the tray and let it rest for atleast 1 hour.
When the mixture is dry to touch it can be baked in a preheated oven (250 degree F) and bake it for 1 hour.
Let the macaroons cool.
Mix butter and sugar to make the filling. Put it in the piping bag
Fill the macaroons with filling of your choice and sandwich them
Serve next day for better taste and texture