The koftas (Fried balls) in this dish are made with Mashed potato and paneer(Chhenna) known as malai(Nargisi) kofta. These curry is prepared during special occasions due to it’s richness. I make the Kofta Curry and am proud to say that it is a hit with everyone and is also complimented as being “restaurant-style”! ..
Let’s first learn how to make Malai Kofta. These Koftas can be served alone as Potato Paneer Tots…delicious with Chutneys!
Koftas can be prepared in different shapes such as round or oval.
- Potatoes 3/4 Cup (12 tbs), boiled and mashed
- Bread slices 3 Large
- Onion 3 Tablespoon , finely chopped
- Paneer 3/4 Cup (12 tbs), shredded (homemade if desired)
- Ginger paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste 1/2 Teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala 1 Teaspoon
- Oil 2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)
- 1. Sprinkle the bread crumbs with a tablespoon of water and roughly mash it.
- 2. Mix with other ingredients in a bowl to form hard dough.
- 3. Make little smaller than golf size ball with a tablespoon and half mixture and arrange the balls in a plate.
- 4. In a pan heat oil on medium high heat and deep fry the balls until golden brown.
- 5. Add into the curry gravy and serve.
Now, let’s learn how to make gravy with complete finished Malai Kofta Curry Recipe.
Below is the picture taken at restaurant, koftas made in oval shape.