Bring new twist to your traditional punjabi red gravy with this great tasted green gravy. This hariyali gravy has distinguish taste and aroma that everyone will simply love it. Green tomatoes lend their color and other greens brings taste and aroma to this dish.
Recipe: Hariyali Paneer
- For Marianade
- 2-221/2 cups Paneer(cottage cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp each Ginger and green chili
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- For green gravy
- 2 big green Tomatoes
- Oil as needed
- Green garlic, chopped
- 1 big Green capsicum, deseeded & chopped
- 3 Spring onions with greens, chopped
- 1 tsp each Ginger and green chili paste
- 1/2 cup Kasoori methi
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/4 cup mawa or dry milk powder
- Couple of tbsp fresh cream
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Garam masala according to taste
- salt to taste
- Marinate paneer pieces with lemon juice, green chilli and ginger paste, cumin powder and salt for 15-20 minutes.
- While paneer is getting marianated, place green tomatoes in a pan, add a little water and boil. Cover and cook for fifteen to twenty minutes. When done,turn off the stove, strin out and let it cool little bit.
- Heat oil in a pan, add green garlic greens, capsicum, spring onion greens, fenugreek leaves(methi) and sauté. Add ginger and green chilip paste as well. And if addig fennel seeds, add that, too. When done turn off the stove and let it cool.
- Now, into the processor or juicer, add boiled tomatoes and blend to puree. Add little bit water if needed to make smooth paste.
- When tomatoes are pureed, add sauted greens into pureed tomatoes and blend to puree again.
- Now Heat oil again in the same pan used to saute greens. Add marianated paneer and saute paneer pieces till golden brown.
- When panner is brown enough, add green puree and keep stirring carefully. Bring down the temrature to low.
- Add other spices such as turmeric powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Cook just a little bit.
- Your Hariyali paneer is ready. Garnish with again couple of tbsp cream, fresh finely chopped cilantro or fenugreek leaves and enjoy wiht rice, roti, naan or paratha.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)