Tricolor Katlis are so attractive and easy to prepare. If you know how to make kaju katli, you can easily make this sweet. I love to play around with mixture when I prepare this recipe. I make kaju pista roll out of it as well.
Recipe: Trirangi Katlis
- 1 cup (about 100gm) Cashew-Kaju powder
- 1 cup (about 100gm) Almond – Badam powder
- 1 cup (about 100gm) Pistachio powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- A pinch of saffron
- 2 drops of Yellow food color
- To Make Kaju Badam Katli:
- Take 3/4 cup water + 11/2 cup sugar. Bring to boil and prepare 1-11/2 thread consistancy sugar syrup. When it reaches to desired consistancy, add almond and cashew powder. Stir well and cook till it gets thicker. Do not over cook otherwise it will get chewy. When done, divide mixture in two equal parts. In one mixture, add saffron and yellow food color to get nice yellow color. So we now have white and yellow mixture ready. Allow these mixture to cook down completely.
- To make Pista Katli:
- Take1/2 cups sugar + 1/4 cup water. Bring to boil and prepare 1-11/2 thread consistancy sugar syrup. When it reaches to desired consistancy, add pistachio powder. Stir well and cook till it gets thicker. When done, allow it to cool down. So now we have white, yellow and green color mixtures ready. When they cool down completely, they will turn into kind of dough. Make ball of all three mixtures, arrange them on top of each other in desired color order and roll about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. Cut them in desired shape, dimond or square. If you wish you can make rolls even. So you can play around with mixture. If desired, silver foil can be applied on top to get nice silver decoration.
Preparation time: 20 minute(s)
Diet type: Vegetarian