Healthy Everyday Kadhi
This Kadhi is one of my favorite. Many healthy ingredients go into this Kadhi such as fresh turmeri roots, ginger root, mango ginger root and so on. This hot yogurt soup is best during cold. It can be served with Plain rice, Khichdi and many other rice dishes. Below, you will find recipe about how to make and store(freeze) Kadhi masala.
Recipe: How to make and store Kadhi Masala for everyday use
- 1 lb Ginger(Adrak)
- 1/2 lb Mango ginger(Amba Haldi)
- 1/4 lb Turemeric root(Pili haldi)
- *If you can’t find mango ginger and fresh turmeric, you can increase amount of ginger root.
- 1/4 lb Green chillis or as per your taste
- 10 Kadhi patta(Limbdo)
- Salt to taste – uesed as preservative as well.
- Sometimes, fresh pigeon(tuvar dana) is also added in this masala paste.
- Peel, wash all roots. Take out stem of chilli, wash kahdi patta and tear apart leaves. Blend above all ingredients together to paste. I keep small amount of this paste in my referigerator for my everyday use and rest I freeze for later use.
Diet type: Vegetarian
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)