- Oil 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped onion 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Minced garlic 1 Tablespoon
- Salt To Taste , divided
- Cannellini beans 1 1/2 Cup (24 tbs), boiled and drained
- (pinto or kidney beans can be used)
- Flax seed meal 2 Tablespoon (Optional)
- Parsley 1 Tablespoon (or your favorite herb)
- Chili sauce 1/4 Teaspoon (to taste)
- Yellow mustard/Dijon 1 Teaspoon
FOR THE BATTER
- Corn starch 3 Tablespoon (2-3 tbsp + Water as needed)
- Salt To Taste
FOR THE BREADING
- Bread crumbs 1/2 Cup (8 tbs) (of your choice)
- Oil 2 Tablespoon (for shallow frying)
- In a pan, add in the oil and onion. Sauté for a minute and season with salt.
- When onion is about to be done, add in the garlic and cook until the edges of onion are brown. Turn off the stove and let it cool.
- In a food processor, add in the onion mixture, cannellini beans, flax seeds and parsley. Blend until coarse.
- Take out the mixture in a bowl and add in the chili sauce and mustard. Mix well.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions and give the shape of a sausage.
- For the batter – in a shallow bowl, add in the cornstarch and salt; mix with a spoon.
- Slowly pour in the water and make a thin batter.
- Roll the sausages in cornstarch batter, followed by the breadcrumbs.
- In a pan, heat the oil on low – medium heat and place the sausages; shallow fry until golden brown from all sides.
- Serve with your choice of condiment.