Have you ever heard Samosa? I bet you did, but not dessert samosa. Savory spicy Samosa is very popular these days and known almost all around the world. But when you try this dessert version of Samosa, you will be amazed why nobody tried to make dessert Samosa for the centuries...well, never too late. Samosa is very popular in my family. My total American Desi Son even admire Samosa and Paneer curry a lot. So I thought why not make Samosa for dessert!! And to my surprise, I actually fell in love with Chocolate Samosa even though I am not a fan of Savory Samosa. This recipe was actually born with Cannoli. I made Cannoli Shells dough for about 20 Cannolis but I did not want to prepare all Cannolis and thought of making fried Pie but then all of a sudden, the idea clicked why not Samosa. Pie thing has got kind of too old...Chocolate Samosa%MINIFYHTML862d911e17a168cad697a68eca018f5f17%
Prep Time15 minsCook Time15 minsTotal Time30 minsServings: 15 -18Ingredients
- All purpose flour 2 Cup (32 tbs)
- Sugar 1 Tablespoon
- Unsweetened baking cocoa powder 1 Tablespoon
- Ground cinnamon 1/4 Teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 Teaspoon
- Vegetable oil/Olive oil 3 Tablespoon
- White wine vinegar 1 Teaspoon
- Grape juice 1/2 Cup (8 tbs)
- Oil 1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)FOR THE FILLING
- Slivered almonds/Nuts 1 Cup (4 tbs) -Your favorite nut can be used
- Mini chocolate chips 1 Cup (5.33 tbs) (white and dark chocolate chips)
- Coconut flakes 1 Cup (4 tbs)
- Banana 2 , sliced
- Strawberries 8 , sliced%MINIFYHTML862d911e17a168cad697a68eca018f5f18%InstructionsMAKING
- For the dough – in a large bowl, add in the floor, sugar, unsweetened baking cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, salt, vegetable oil and white wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Pour in the grape juice and make the dough. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside.
- For the filling – in a large bowl, add in all the ingredients and toss well.
- Take small portion of dough and roll on a flat surface. Slice in half and place the filling on top; wrap like a samosa just like shown in the video and seal with water.
- In a pan heat the oil on medium heat and place the samosa. Deep fry on medium – low heat until done.SERVING
- Drizzle chocolate sauce over the serving plate and place the samosa; garnish with some powdered sugar and serve with strawberries.
If you found this post useful, I would really love it if you pin it or share it with your Facebook fans or Twitter followers or Google+ circles today. All it takes is a simple click on the “pin it” “like,” “share,” “tweet,” or Google+ buttons below the post. It will keep me motivated.Thank you!