Khandvi is a popular Gluten-free snack from Gujarat. It is made from besan(Chickpea flour) and sour yogurt. The texture is really soft, silky and melt in your mouth.
Khandvi is usually lengthy, tricky and difficult recipe but here is a video recipe of Instant pot khandvi which is quick, instant and easy.
This recipe is perfect for Keto and gluten-free diet followers.
I have already shared Khandvi recipe many times with different methods. Traditional method Khandvi, Stove top Pressure Cooker Khandvi, Khandvi in Microwave, and now with new trend of Instant pot, I thought of trying it making using electric pressure cooker and it works great. Now, don’t be tempted to make in big quantity at once. I would rather prepare khandvi in few batches for the big crowd.
The recipe remains the same as Khandvi made traditional way but since pressure cooking requires less liquid compared to food cooked in regular open pot, I reduced the amount of water and yogurt in this recipe.
Below is the video instructions.
- 1 cup Besan Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Plain Yogurt Dahi
- 1 tbsp Mix of Ginger and Green Chili Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Haldi
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- Note: Be very specific about measurement or else the recipe may not work)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds Rai
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds can be added as well
- 2 tbsp fresh grated coconut or Paneer or Cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves/Hara dhania patta
- Sliced red chilis if desired
- Grease 2 trays or thalis with ½ teaspoon oil and keep it ready. I usually use baking tray and don't require greasing.
- In a medium bowl(Make sure it can fit into cooker and should be heat tolerant) mix Besan, Yogurt, Ginger, Green Chili, Turmeric, Salt with water. Be sure to add just little water initially to make smooth paste and then add rest of the water. The final batter will be like thick milk. I use electric hand blender to mix everything well.
- Now, into the electric pressure cooker inner pot, add 1 cup of water with trivet and place bowl of batter in it and cover the batter bowl and secure the cooker lid with vent sealed.
- Set cooker to Brown rice for 15 minutes setting or adjust cook time manually
- When done, cancel warm function, using quick release pressure method, and open the cooker carefully.
- Using hand gloves remove the batter bowl carefully from the pot and bring on to the heat proof surface, the batter should be really hot, if you see water on top, drain and start stirring the batter vigorously till smooth and quickly spread onto thali before it cools down. If the batter cools down, you won't be able to spread.
- Let batter settled.
- In mean while, prepare seasoning.
- In a small wok, heat up 1 tbsp oil on medium to high heat.
- When the oil is hot enough, add mustard seeds, and let them pop, add Sesame seeds and turn off the stove.
- Coming back to the trays, cut and roll the Khandvi.
- Arrange Khandvi rolls in a serving tray.
- Garnish rolls with Coriander leaves and decorate with red chilis.
- Pour the prepared Tadka on rolls and serve.
Finish Khandvi same day or refrigerate no more than one day.