Traditionally, this chutney is made using a grinding stone, but it is quite convenient to make with modern mixers. I love this chutney with my Kathiyawadi meal menu containing Bajra Rotla with Makhan, Ringan Oloo(Eggplant curry), Khichdi and chaas.
Below is the video instructions to prepare Lahsan Chutney.
- 1/2 cup Garlic Chopped
- 1/2 cup Chili Powder or make the paste of fresh chili and if you have dry whole red chili, soak them till soft to prepare the paste
- 1 tbsp Tamarind imli paste
- 1/4 cup oil
- Salt to taste
- On a medium heat, add oil into the medium sized pot. When oil is slightly hot (shouldn't be smoky hot), add garlic and sauté for about 30 seconds, bring temperature down to low and add salt. Stir and cook another 30 seconds.
- Add red chili powder, tamarind paste and stir well.
- Cook till oil separates.
- When oil ooze out, turn of the stove. Let Chutney cool. Store in a air tight glass jar at room temperature or refrigerate for longer.
This chutney can be served with spring roll, momo, kathiyawadi meal and more.