Hara Lahsun in Hindi is Green Garlic Chives. If you don’t have the garlic chives, you can use just garlic in this recipe.
I grow garlic chives in my garden every winter when the temperature is around 70-75F.
When the Garlic Chives and Coriander Leaves in season, I make this chutney in bulk and freeze for the whole year.
You can enjoy this chutney over browned paneer as well. You can think beyond just chaats and be creative to use in many other recipes.
- 2 cups coriander (dhania)
- 1 cup Green garlic Chives (Hara lehsun) or 8-10 cloves of garlic
- 3 green chillies
- 1 inch Ginger Piece (Adrak)
- 1/2 lemon
- salt to taste
- Wash and clean the coriander & garlic chives.
- Combine all the ingredients and blend in a mixer till smooth, adding water as required.
- Add the salt and lemon juice and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated. This chutney freezes well.
- I love this chutney on breads like Bajra Roti, Jowar Roti, or with Vada, Cutlets, Dhokla, Khaman and more.